Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Update on Dog Problem

As promised, here is the update. First off, let me thank all of you who voted on what I should do. It looks like most of you suggested I simply go talk to the owner of the dog. So, on Saturday morning (at about 5:30am) I found myself walking through the darkness in the cold, frosty air to pay my neighbor a visit. The dog continued to bark the entire time. As soon as I rang the doorbell, it became apparent that there were multiple dogs inside the house. They went crazy. I figured this would surely send the owner of the dogs to the door to see who in their right mind was disturbing them at such an early hour. But, to my surprise, no one came to the door. I rang the bell a second time. The dogs continued to bark madly, and still no one came to the door. Not wanting to have the police called on me, I decided to go back home, and try again later. However, when I got back home, I noticed the dog was not barking. In fact, it has not barked since. So apparently, the owner was home, realized why I was there, and decided to do something about the dog. At least, that is my hope. We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

barking dogs can be a problem and so can barking neighbors. I think you did the right thing. i hope you holidays are peaceful.
sincerely merd fooney

Ryan and Amy said...

Thanks Merd. Also, your suggestion concerning the bark collar was really good. I had about decided that I would never own a dog again because of such problems. However, if I can control its barking, I might think again someday. I wonder if they make a product that will encourage the dog to use the toilet, shower, and put on deodorant?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are staying. I have also had trouble with neighbors dogs. some times they are bored or sometimes they are barking at intruders.(cats, people)
What should you do about it. It depends on the neighbor. Most will defend their pets and you will only make an enemy. Glad to hear your problem worked out. Mine ended with the death of my pets and the animal warden got involved.

Ryan and Amy said...

I'm glad you are glad I'm staying. It makes me wonder who you are? I'm very sorry to hear that your situation ended so poorly. I'm going to do my best to continue handeling this situation in a proper and respectful manner.