Tuesday, December 19, 2006

10...Staying Here

We begin the countdown tonight with number 10. The number 10 big event in our life this year was a decision…the decision to stay in
Mt. Vernon. Over the summer I had several job interviews, two of which took me out of the state. I interviewed for a teaching position at Flora, an administrative position at Lewisville, an administrative position in Deltona, Florida, and Amy and I both interviewed for house-parent positions in West Virginia at a home for troubled teens. Although I (we) were offered some of the positions, in the end we decided to stick it out a while longer in hopes that things will get better here. Mt. Vernon is where we both grew up. It is our home town, and we need to know we have given it our best shot at making things better before we call it quits.

0 comments: