Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Celtic Woman

Yesterday was a much better day. In fact it was a really good day. But of course, the full moon had to come, and with it, the disturbances. Today I sent two kids out in the hall, and fought to keep everyone’s attention the entire day. I was ready to come home, and at one point ready to quit. Oh well, waning gibbous tomorrow, so it will be much better.

Tonight we all spent part of the evening watching the annual pledge drive on PBS. Now, before you think we have totally gone off the deep end, if you have never seen Celtic Woman you are really missing out! They are a tremendously talented group. Of course, I didn’t like them enough to make a pledge to PBS, but now that doesn’t matter, does it?

Speaking of PBS, I really do like some of their programming. I grew up watching Sesame Street, The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, and Doctor Who (which by the way is back on). Later in life I rediscovered it, and began watching Wishbone, Reading Rainbow, and The Antiques Road Show. Unfortunately, I can’t stand it that my tax money is going to support it! Why can’t public television and radio stations compete in the market place like everyone else? Generally they have a few programs that everyone likes. National Public Radio has Car Talk on Sundays. That’s pretty good. And of course there is (soft whisper) “All Things Considered on NPR News” (YUCK!). Oh well, enough of my soapbox there.

The following is a picture of my mom with the girls. I believe this is the first time she has made an appearance on the blog... "HI MOM!" .... haha...I always wanted to say that.

0 comments: