Thursday, December 21, 2006

8...The Trips We Took


In the Number 10 event, I briefly mentioned the trips. These two trips would be the number 8 big event in our life this past year. The first trip came about when Amy and I were trying to decide just what we should really be doing with our life. We thought that perhaps living here, and teaching here, was not really what we should be doing. I got on to the internet, and to make a really long story short, we found ourselves traveling out to West Virginia to interview for house parents at a home for troubled teens. The people were great, and we were offered the job. The job paid really well, and we would not have had any expenses. But in the end it just didn’t feel right. The trip was really good, however, and we grew closer together as a family.


The second trip was just for me (Ryan). I interviewed for a job in Deltona, Florida. The position was for a Principal at a Christian Academy. The Headmaster was a great guy, and agreed to fly me down there for the interview. Once again, the job just didn’t seem right for me, and both he and I knew it. I was not offered the job, but the experience was well worth the trouble. Sometimes you have to go away to find out how much you appreciate what you have right here. So, Number 8--The Trips We Took!

0 comments: