Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My First Massage

I had a wonderful experience today. A while back, a friend of mine mentioned that she was beginning the massage therapy program down at Rend Lake. I somewhat jokingly mentioned that if she ever needed someone to practice on she was welcomed to practice on me or Amy. Long story short, she had some homework to do, so I ended up getting a free massage! I was a bit uncertain as to what to expect, but it was really nice. I know now why so many people visit the spas these days.

Well, today marks the last day of Christmas break. It sure goes by quickly. It looks like I'm going to only be teaching five classes instead of six this next semester. Although I will miss the extra money, the added planning time will be well spent. I want to really try to get to know my students a little better this next semester. High school students are a bit difficult to get to know. Teenagers have the ability to love you one minute, and hate you the next. They get upset when they don't get their way sometimes, but they end up respecting you a lot more when you make them do what they are supposed to do.

Besides that, I can't think of too many other New Year's Resolutions I am making. As always, I am resolving to become a better person, and Amy and I will again be seeking better opportunities in a number of areas in our lives. I'm sure there will be a lot of changes. God willing, we should welcome a new life into our home this Spring. Hopefully, Cassidy will learn to read this year too. I'm sure Callie will learn to talk a lot better this next year, and both kids will turn more into little girls. It sure goes by fast.

0 comments: