Friday, January 25, 2008

Long Recovery

I am finally on the road to recovery following a horrible sickness. For over four days I had a high fever. It finally left and I was able to get back to work this week, but it left me feeling pretty weak. I still have a bad cough and a bit of sick feeling here and there, but overall I'm way better today than I was just a few days ago. I hope I don't have to deal with that again. Apparently a lot of people have been getting sick the last few weeks. A coworker told me he had basically the same thing, and it lasted about the same amount of time. Today was his first day back to work. I came back Tuesday.

Cassidy had gotten a fever, and I was a bit worried, but it didn't last near as long. The doctor said she had the flu, but since she had gotten the flu shot, it wasn't nearly as bad. So far both Amy and Callie remain unharmed, although Amy has been complaining of a sore throat. We will have to watch her.

Not much else has been going on lately. I've just been enjoying watching the political drama play out. Our system of government is certainly not without flaws, but I still think it is best. For a while I was unhappy with all of the candidates, but I'm starting to see some good in a few of them. If my favorite, Mike Huckabee, can make it through Florida, I think he might do better on Super Tuesday (February 5th). But we will see. As it looks now, Hillary will probably be the Democrat nominee, but that may be up for grabs too. If John Edwards stays in long enough, he may split the vote. If I were a democrat, I'd probably vote for Barak Obama. But then again, I'm not for higher taxes, bigger government, more gun control, a smaller military, gay marriage, and unrestricted taxpayer supported abortion on demand.

0 comments: