Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Bit Concerned (by Amy)

I thought I would give an update on the progress of the pregnancy. I went to the doctor yesterday. Everything looks good. The baby is getting bigger everyday.

The only concern is the position of the baby. Dr. Smith used the ultrasound machine to check if the baby's head is down yet. It actually is not. Hopefully she will go head down on her own. If she does not, then Dr. Smith is going to try to manually turn her to the head down position. From internet research, I think this has to be done at the hospital and involves a bit of discomfort for the mom. If she cannot turn her, then we will have to schedule a c-section. I am a little afraid of having a c-section. I had both Cassidy and Callie the natural way. I know what that is like and what to expect during delivery and recovery. I am just unsure about the c-section. I am just praying and believing our baby will naturally turn on her own and everything will go smoothly. I believe Dr. Smith is going to give the baby a couple of weeks before she tries to turn her.

I am at the point in pregnancy where I will be going to the doctor every week until the baby is born. Dr. Smith will check next week to see if the baby has moved into the head down position.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying with you that the baby will move!