Monday, November 13, 2006

Taking a Break From the Praise Team...and stuff


Yesterday was a little bittersweet. It was my last day to play bass for the praise team at Orchardville. For quite a while I have just not been enjoying it. Now before you say, “ministry isn’t always enjoyable,” consider for a moment: I have been involved in ministry my whole life. I have played music for several different churches, been in a band, worked as a youth minister, led small groups, etc. I know when it is just not right, and for now this is just not right. There are probably a lot of reasons why, and honestly I don’t want to get into them. I have great respect for the team and I hope the door will open again in the future for me to serve in that capacity. But for now, it is goodbye.

So, with that said, let me move onto happier topics. My last post was a little down. I hope I didn’t depress anyone. This time of year I often begin to struggle a little bit, and perhaps that has come out in my writing. This weekend had some great points. We had a wonderful time at our neighbors’ house on Friday night, and I FINALLY fixed the car on Saturday. Below you will find some pictures of the mess. Notice the “Mexico” sticker on the new alternator. In the process of taking off the old belt, I broke the pulley on the water pump. I had to wait for that part to come in before I could do much more. Once it was in, it was just a matter of getting the belt on. Nothing with this project was easy, and I hope I never have to do it again. However, I did save a lot of money by doing this project myself.

Thanks for reading, and this week I will REALLY try to post more often. This post is rushed, but I hope to have something a little better this week. Keep watching.






0 comments: