Thursday, November 16, 2006

Good Week So Far


This week has been a good week. Last night we had a wonderful time with our friends Aaron, Rachel, and Grace. They came over for supper and to visit. Friendship has always meant a lot to both of us, so we try our best to keep friendships alive and healthy.

Not much else has been going on. We considered a trip to Arkansas for Thanksgiving, but I think we have both decided we would rather stay put this year. We are tossing around the idea of renting a room with some of our friends a local hotel that has a pool open 24 hours. It might be fun to swim and sit in the hot tub all night…maybe even bypass the cooking and go out for dinner the next day. Of course, that wouldn’t be very traditional, but then again who says we have to always hold to tradition?

Speaking of the tradition of Thanksgiving, Gary had a great idea concerning the holidays. Look in the near future for a post on Thanksgiving. I often wonder what teachers say when their students ask the question, “Why is it called ‘Thanksgiving?’”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a good week. I am praying for you and your family. I like your Thanksgiving idea. I have 10 year old twin girls. They would flip if their dad and I would make plans like that. However, I don't want to ruin my reputatuion for being boring. So, I am keeping your idea a secret.

Ryan and Amy said...

I'm glad you think it is a good idea. We are still thinking about that idea...I'm afraid the boring tradition may win out at our home too, but the final verdict is not in yet. Thank's for posting a comment Kathy, and a special thanks for your prayers. That really makes my day.