Friday, November 10, 2006

Hard Days

I had high hopes for posting more this week. Unfortunately I was not able to. So what went on? Well, the car broke down. Thankfully Amy and the kids were able to make it into the Wall-Greens parking lot and call someone. The alternator went out. I am not at all a mechanic, but I just can’t see spending the 200+ dollars in labor to change the part. The alternator itself cost over $100. Long story short, I have changed it, but in the process I broke the pulley from the water pump. Now I am waiting for that part to come in before I can go any further. For someone with no background at all in mechanics, I’m pleased that I was able to figure out how to do some of if. I even made a tool that I needed. Probably some of you know what a “strap wrench” is. I had never heard of one, but found out that I needed one. There was a site on the net that explained how to make one out of an old belt and a pair of vice grips. I almost felt like MacGyver! Oh well, enough about that.

I wrote a poem this morning, and I thought I would share it. I really can’t write poetry, but I felt better after I wrote it. Amy and I are living at one of the most difficult times in our lives. Having two children at the ages they are at is really tough sometimes. We seldom have a moment alone, and we don’t get much sleep.


Hard Days

It will all get better,
Let’s just hang in there,
These days are hard days,
Please don’t despair.

Why is it hard sometimes?
To simply get along
The road that we walk,
Is not really that long.

Good times and bad times,
Thick and thin,
You're sorry, I'm sorry,
Does it really matter in the end?

I leave for work,
Without saying, "Good bye."
And it all starts again,
I keep asking, "Why?"

We started off
With just so much potential
Now it seems,
Life is so inconsequential

It’s no one’s fault,
We had a rough start,
I don’t care anymore,
Just help me do my part

I don't know why,
That it has to be this way,
I’ll keep trying and trying,
But I don’t know what to say

It will all get better,
If we simply endure,
But these days are hard days,
Yeah, that’s for sure.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I am so proud of you for fixing the car. I know I will be driving it soon.

You are a great husband. I am sorry that things are so hard right now, but I know they will be better soon.

I love you.