Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hangin On To Earth

I wrote a note to my sister this morning, and I said I would try to find a quote for her from C.S. Lewis. To make a long story short, I was talking to her about trying to hang on to things of this world. In Mere Christianity, I remember Lewis saying that if we try to hang onto things of this world, we will end up loosing them. His point was that things Eternal are so much more important. But, as Christians, if our focus is indeed on the Eternal, many times God will give us the desires of our heart. This philosophy is much deeper, but with the time I have at the moment this will suffice. Here is the quote sis:

Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in; aim at earth and you will get neither."
--C. S. Lewis in Mere Christianity

0 comments: