Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dealing with Sickness

I really hate being sick. The past couple of days I have been battling a yucky illness. Last night my temperature was really high. I took Tylenol as often as I could. Today my throat feels like it is on fire. I don’t know what is wrong, but I’m hoping it goes away very soon. I did wake up feeling a lot better than I did yesterday. Yesterday was pretty bad. I just laid still and tried to endure. For whatever reason, sickness with me creates pretty bad depression. I’m doing much better today, but it only takes a few hours before I get really down emotionally.

Ok, let’s talk about something else. Since I have been off I have been attempting to turn a room in our garage into a utility room. Since our house was built on a concrete slab, the drains and water lines turned out to be a nightmare. I knew everything would have to go perfect for the job to work, and of course, we ran into trouble. I ended up renting a jack hammer to bust up concrete. If you have never operated a jack hammer, consider yourself blessed. I was pretty sore the next day. Today, we put all the drains together and ran a couple of load of laundry. The idea was to make sure everything works okay before I start to re-build the floor and cover it all up. Unfortunately, the fitting that goes into the concrete had a leak. While taking it out, I broke it and now it is a major mess. At least I have a plan. Instead of renting the jack hammer again, I’m going to try to find a place that has a rotary hammer I can rent. I think I can get in a tight spot a little easier with it. If not, it will be back to the jack hammer, but this time I will be busting through like a foot of concrete in the kitchen. Oh well, Amy wants to remodel the kitchen anyway.

0 comments: