Saturday, March 11, 2006

New Gas Grill


Grilling is quickly becoming one of our (my--Ryan) hobbies. I have to admit, I am not too good at it, but it is something I really enjoy. Today I bought a new gas grill. This was quite the decision, and we spent a lot of time trying to find the right one. We finally picked it out, and then I took the jeep to get it. It took like three hours to put together! I felt more like I built it than assembled it by the time it was all done. Anyway, we had bbq pork steak on it tonight. It was okay. It will take a while to get used to cooking on this new grill.

What esle is going on? Well, baby Callie is doing just great. She wants to nurse all the time, but I guess that is too be expected.

Not a lot esle right now. I have been toying around with the idea of creating a "square foot garden," after my friend Bobby gave me the idea. More information on it can be found HERE. I have always wanted to have a successful garden, but it seems like it never really works out. The bugs get it, or it ends up looking bad, or the weeds take it over, or it simply gets so hot in the summer that we just about give up on it. I really think this might be the solution to our problems.

Well, tomorrow we will take our new baby to church for the first time. That will be exciting. We didn't make it to church last Sunday because Callie had just been born. Well, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice grill. I think I'm going to buy one this summer.

I'm totally putting in a square foot garden. We'll have to compare notes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. It was a tough decision. I really enjoy cooking on wood or charcoal better, but gas is so much faster. If I can find a charcoal grill that is cheap, and allows you to raise/lower the charcoal, I will buy it as well.

Would love to compare notes on the square foot garden. If it helps to buy in bulk, perhaps we can buy the composte/vermiculite/peat together.