Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The X-Files


Few television shows of the 90's held my interest better than the X-Files. Each week I would anxiously watch Mulder and Scully investigate UFO's, the paranormal, and the unexplained. It reminded me of being a child, and always wanting to see aliens. Alright, I was a strange child. Anyways, this afternoon Amy and I had a rare chance to get away from the kids and visit a movie theater, along with our wonderful next-door neighbors Ryan and Becky.

Although I think the other X-Files movie was better, this one did have some twists. I've heard a lot of people talk about how bad the movie was, but honestly, I was just so excited to see Mulder and Scully working together again, it didn't matter to me that there were no aliens (oops, I gave that away).

Well, if you go see it, stay until the very end of the credits to watch the "goodbye." I have a feeling it was telling us there will be no more X-Files. But, then again, you never know. I'd like to believe there will be, or should I say, "I Want To Believe." Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been so long since I've seen an episode that I feel that I need to watch the last season just to know what's going on.

PillowNaut said...

Hey another X-files fan! I'm so bummed I'll miss this movie on the big screen... will have to catch it on DVD when I get home...
:)