Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Time of Decisions

This seems to be the time for difficult decisions. To begin with, I have decided to take a break from martial arts. Tae Kwon Do had become a regular routine in my life for about the past year. I worked my way up to blue belt, and met some goals. I'm stronger, and for the moment I have a large pool of techniques I can practice on my own. Taking a break will allow my body to heal (I've been battling a rough case of plantar fasciitis for over a month now), and help to keep me from getting burned out. I've learned in life that when something extra-curricular stops being fun, it usually means you need a break from it. If it is meant to be, the desire will come back.  If not, the world is full of other exciting things to do. 


The second big decision we have to make relates to school for Cassidy. Although we had decided to homeschool (and we still may), we are taking a second look at the Christian school.  We learned that someone who goes to our church sends their daughter there.  It will require an even tighter budget if we go that direction, but we really want what is best for her.

How to decide.  That is the question.  Here is a good scripture I like to read when I don't know what to do.  Maybe it will help someone else.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3: 5,6


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite words of wisdom I share with my kids are "The Lord Provides."
If you chose to send Cassidy to the Christian School,it will somehow be taken care of.
Blessings,
Susan