Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Getting a Deal!

As most of you know, my wife is really big into clipping coupons and saving money. In fact, she has a blog site devoted mainly to that--Amy's Life. I on, the other hand, just hate spending money. If it were up to me, we would probably just drink water, eat those noodles in packages, and survive on the basics (well, that's a little exaggerated).

But, with all the hits she has been getting on her website, and of course, getting interviewed by Channel 3, I thought to myself, "I have to try this coupon thing!." So, for the first time, I set off on my adventure to purchase something for less. Here is what I got:


Total Price: $5.21


I had two coupons for a dollar off 32oz Power Aid. It only costs a dollar at Kroger, so those were free. I also had two coupons for 1 dollar off half gallons of tea. And, it was also a dollar, so those were also free. I needed some apple juice and rolls. Unfortunately, there was no coupon for the juice, and I didn't tell Amy I was going to get the rolls--I should have, she had a coupon and I could have saved another 60 cents!

So, for my first trip, I don't think I did too bad. That said, I would not recommend the Peach Tea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good job, Ryan.

Unknown said...

So you didn't like the peach tea? I LOVE peach tea, not everyones cup of tea huh? lol! Good job!