Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Light Stand

Recently I mentioned that I had started to grow some pumpkins. However, I started them really late, so even if they make it I don’t know if we will have pumpkins by Halloween. In an effort to speed things up a bit, I decided it might help if the little plants had some extra light. Since I had recently changed out a fluorescent light for a ceiling fan in our living room, I thought I might as well put the light to use. I attached it to the bottom of an old card table, and walaah… light stand. Now, I can add a few extra hours of light for the little plants. Hopefully it will make up for the late start.

Here is a close-up picture of the little sprouts. I hope our neighbors aren't wondering what the mysterious light is in our back yard. Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

Becky said...

If we see flames in your back yard some night, we'll know why! Just kidding... LOL... Great idea, Ryan!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

Hi there...I'm a friend of Becky's from deep in the heart of Texas. I started reading y'alls blog b/c Becky had it on her site and I gpt nosey. Good luck with the pumpkins...I'm dying to see how they turn out.