Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Getting Ready For School

This is the time of year I start trying to get ready for school. Some teachers really look forward to going back, and some do not. For me, it fluctuates. As of yet, I can’t say that I am really looking forward to going back. I know once I get in the routine that will change. As I’ve always said, teaching is the best of jobs, and the worst of jobs. When things go the way they should, I find myself saying, “I can’t believe they pay me to do this.” But on really bad days, I begin to ask myself, “Why did I go into this field.” I suppose every job is like that.

Amy had playgroup today. She said things went pretty good. Unfortunately, she just isn’t quite herself these days. Pregnancy generally does that to her a bit, but this time it seems more prevalent. She is still struggling with sickness, but she tries to hide it. I’ve also noticed that things bother her more right now. I hope that passes or it will be a long nine months.

What else is going on? I doubt any of you care too much about this, but I planted some pumpkins the other night. It is really way too late for them, but I thought I would try it anyway. I’ve always wanted to grow some pumpkins for Halloween. Who knows, maybe they will make it. The photo below is of the two mounds I have in the back yard. If they spout, I will post more pictures of them. I also put a picture up of our little pool we got from Walmart. It’s small, but the kids just love it! I couldn’t remember if I had posted a final picture of our painted house or not. It’s still not completely done, but the front is (well, mostly).

Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

Becky said...

Mmmm! I could look forward to a liitle pumpkin pie in the fall! :)

Ryan and Amy said...

Oh yes, pumpkin pie is one of our favorites!!!! I sure hope they come up.