Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Future Baby Sitter?

This was a good weekend. Saturday night Amy and I had the chance to go out to eat with some old friends. The evening was really enjoyable. It sleeted Saturday night, so we were not sure if we would be able to make it to church or not. We were able to make it just fine. Sunday afternoon, one of my former students came over to visit. She was meeting the kids in order to determine the possibility of baby sitting for us in the near future. Cassidy had a great time playing with her, and it was really an enjoyable afternoon.

I’m writing this early on Sunday evening. Thinking about the upcoming week gives me mixed feelings. I have a lot to prepare for with my classes. In addition to that, Tuesday night is another meeting regarding the upcoming vote for the new school. At this point, the possibility of passing the referendum really seems hopeless. Some of the people in charge don’t realize how difficult it is going to be. A lot of the people in the city will vote for it, but much of the county will vote against it. We all played the game a few years ago. I put forth a ton of time, and the vote was like 80% against getting a new school. I’m trying to decide if my time is worth the effort. We need a new school. This town needs a new school. I think when you take an unbiased look at the arguments for and against a new school, the solution becomes obvious. Of course, I have children, I teach at the school, I have an advanced degree in education, and I have a decent understanding of how a school can impact a community. Most people just see the issue as another tax.

0 comments: