Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bad Day




On the way to church tonight, we had a not-so-good encounter with a deer (better for us than for the deer). This is the first time either of us has ever been in a deer accident. To be honest, it was pretty scary. It is a fairly long drive out to church, and Callie was being pretty fussy. I was getting stressed as it was, and was really trying to "hurry up and get there." Needless to say, I was driving a little fast anyway, and the deer was there in front of me before I barely had time to break. I hit the deer hard, and we got quite a jolt from it. Being about a mile from church, we decided to see if the car would make it, and it did. Once there, I looked it over, and made sure nothing was leaking or going flat. We limped home on one headlight and a noise I'm still trying to find.
Not a good way to start out the year, but I suppose it could have been much worse. The air-bags did not deploy, and for that I am grateful. From what I hear, they are not the gentle marshmellows they appear to be on television. And, the deer did not fly up (or through) the windshield. Perhaps a slight split-second swerve kept that from happening.
So we survived the deer accident. Now what? Well, we need to decide what to do with the car. I will keep you posted. And in case you are wondering, those are indeed deer guts and hair all down the side of the car...and I just washed it too! Oh well, I have to at least try to laugh, or else I will cry. Wow, what a deal!

0 comments: