Sunday, February 26, 2006

Won't Be Long Now!

This past week has been an interesting one. Monday was my (Ryan)’s birthday. I turned 31. Wow, that seems old. It is, however, how you feel that counts. If I woke up with some weird kind of amnesia, and had no idea how old I was, I would think myself to be in my early 20s. Probably about 23 or 24. So, I guess that means I am doing good.

Friday night our friends Josh and Cyndel came over. Josh helped us with our computer. Let’s see, on Saturday I searched and searched trying to find an LED light bulb. Apparently no one in Mt. Vernon has them. Surprising advancements have been made in the LED field. These light bulbs work on very little energy, and last forever. I suppose I could order one from the internet, but then, I couldn’t have it today! We are wanting a light that we can always keep on out in the garage. We settled for a small, long lasting, halogen bulb.

Saturday night, our friend Fred called and asked me if I would be interested in driving over to St. Louis to see Bobby and Janice. I really enjoyed getting the chance to chat with Fred on the way over and back from the hospital. Please remember to pray for both Bobby and Janice.

Sunday morning, I got up really early and went to the high school to do my Sunday school lesson. Talk about waiting until the last minute! I finished up a series on apologetics (defending your faith) by discussing Evolution/Creationism. I showed the kids a bunch of slides depicting God’s wonderful creation (Mountains, Sea Creatures, Nebulas, Stars, etc.). The Bible says that God has revealed himself in His creation, to the extent that men are “without excuse” when it comes to believing in God. Teaching a teen class is rather difficult. I feel like I could put even more hours into this, and they absolutely would not care!

Sunday afternoon we went to lunch with our good friends Gary and Nena. The food at Applebees was good, although the service was a little slow. Cassidy also had the privilege of having her friend Faith over. They had a wonderful time.

Pregnancy Update

Due Date: March 9th
Current Week of 40 Total: Week 38 Day 3
Next Doctor’s Appointment: Tuesday, February 28th

Well, it will not be long now. Amy is really ready to have the baby! This time, we have decided to wait to call family members and friends until several hours after the delivery. Last time it was a little hectic in the room. We DO want visitors, and we realize everyone wants to see a new baby, but we need a little time to recover from such a stressful event. If the baby comes in the morning, then it will be afternoon before we will have visitors. If the baby comes at night, then the entire next day will be fine to have visits.

0 comments: