Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tiramisu and rambles

Our neighbor Becky came over tonight for supper. She brought with her an Italian desert called "Tiramisu." I don't get out much, so at first I thought she must be making reference to an old Johny Cash song (Boy Named Sue). Apparently this is a very popular dish, and in its original form it is made with rum. Being the teetotallers that we are, she brought non-rum variety. It had a sweet cake with a taste of coffee inside.

Alright, let me ramble a bit. Amy took the kids to Chucky Cheese today, and I stayed home and worked on the yard. I'm sure some of you have noticed that I have not been writing a lot lately. This is just a very busy time right now. I'm working on National Board Certification, and that is keeping me pretty busy. When I do have a chance to sit down at the computer, I just want to read political stuff. Which reminds me; recently I wrote to the chairman of the republican party for our county. I wanted to know why it seems that our state has basically conceded to the democratic party in this election. He basically said that it dealt with the fact that no one wants to give any money locally. A few days later I got a letter in the mail asking me to give money. What else to say... I'm thinking about investing in gold. That would make for a good post. Keep watching for that one, and thanks for reading!

0 comments: