Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Summer Vacation Has Begun

Summer vacation is finally here. One of the great benefits to being a teacher is a nice long break in the summer. You would really be surprised, however, at how difficult it is to make the adjustment from going to work everyday to being off. I think that is because the job of teaching is a bit stressful from time to time.

This past year was difficult to say the least. In fact, it was probably the most difficult year I have ever had. But, it's over now, and I'm committed to making this the best vacation I have ever had!

So, I thought I would take a moment and write down some of my personal goals for this summer.

#1. Put up the pool for the kids.
#2. Continue Tae Kwon Do through the summer.
#3. Install a sink and faucet in the utility room.
#4. Fix several boards on the house, and paint them.
#5. Get the roof fixed.
#6. Paint the foundation to match the house.
#7. Finish the drywall in the utility room.
#8. Paint the kitchen cabinets.
#9. Take off the wallpaper in the kitchen and paint.
#10. Find a different stove and refrigerator for the kithen.

Okay, so those things don't sound that fun do they. Alright, here is another list.

#1. Take the kids to Holiday World.
#2. Take the kids to the Zoo.
#3. Take the kids to the Science Center and possibly the Magic House.
#4. Take the kids bowling.
#5. Buy a remote control airplane and learn to fly it.
#6. Go to a big mall.
#7. Start a garden of some kind.
#8. Finish the budget book Amy and I are writing.
#9. Finish the children's book I wrote a long time ago (needs illustration).
#10. Spend quality time with Amy.

Okay, so that's much better! Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I plan to post on here a bit more over the summer. Of course, I don't think I can compete with Amy now. She is getting a ton of views on her website, and is supposed to be featured on a television news program in the near future. So, check out Amy's Life. I'm so jealous.

0 comments: