Saturday, April 26, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!


I took a trip to the recycle center this morning. After speaking with Heather, I was convinced that it would be pretty easy, and it was! In fact, I wondered why I haven't been doing this more. Amy and I have had a desire for long time to become more environmentally friendly, and this is a good step in the right direction. Now all we have to do make a place to keep the items. I'm thinking that if we have a spot for newspapers, a spot for plastics, and a spot for cans that should be sufficient.

In case you don't know, the Recycling Center is located down by Rick's Towing just off of 10th street on Bledsoe. As of now they are open on Saturday mornings from 8:00am to noon. However, Heather said the lady there mentioned that they would soon be open on Wednesday's from noon to 4:00pm.

While I was there, I heard there is another place on Salem Road this is open everyday, but I don't know their hours.

Amy and I really encourage everyone reading this to at least think about recycling. Every bit helps, and maybe if we all work together, we can leave a better planet for our children.

1 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad you've shared this information! I've never lived a single place (and I've lived in quite a few cities!) that didn't have recycling. I feel bad throwing out all the aluminum cans and cardboard boxes I go through every week. Maybe we'll start saving our recycling, too.