Monday, July 10, 2006

Turn Signals



Not long ago I wrote a post concerning a possible change in my job. At the moment, it looks as if I will be back at MVTHS. After several weeks of uncertainty, I went for another interview at the same place. In the end, I simply did not feel a peace about the job. When it comes down to it, I have a major problem with taking a job in which I will work more and make less. I know experience is worth a lot, but at this point it would be too much of a sacrifice.

What else is going on? I spent the bulk of today fixing the car. On Sunday I noticed the turn signals and hazard lights did not work. After looking on the net, I found where someone had posted a similar problem and the solution. It involved taking out the “multi-function switch.” Now, let me tell you, that is no easy task! But after solving the cube, I figured I could do anything! I had hoped I could save some money by taking the thing apart and cleaning it. But of course, all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn’t put the multi-function switch back together again. I did save the jillion pieces if any of my fellow cube solvers want to try it. Anyway, I finally found a salvage yard in Selmaville that had one, and so for $35.00 I fixed what the dealership would have charged over $200.00 for. Not too bad.

0 comments: