Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Happy New Year

Originally we had invited a few people over for New Year’s Eve. We were planning on inviting a few more, but when two of the couples were not able to come, we decided that instead we would spend the New Year together as a family. This is the first time I can remember that we have not had a party, or been playing music on this day. It would have been easy to let that get us down, but instead, we chose to have a good attitude about it, and it worked.

Today, I (Ryan) sang at church. I was really a bit nervous because it was the first time I had sung in front of that many people by myself in a long time (probably the college youth ministry days at Bethalto). I chose an old song called “I Can’t Complain.” The words go like this:

I’ve had my bad days, but I’ve had his light
I’ve had my sad days, through a weary mind
But when I look about, and I think these things out
All of my good days, outweigh my bad days, I can’t complain

Sometimes those clouds hang low…I’d like to sit and know
So I’ve asked the question, “Lord, why so much pain?”
But he knows what’s best for me, although I may not see
That God is so good to me, I can’t complain.

There is more, but you get the picture. I'm sure we would all like to complain a little less. We both feel very blessed to be attending this church. I feel that it is quite an honor to get to do anything, let alone sing on a Sunday morning! What else is going on? Well, tonight my Dad and Jeanie came over and got Cassidy for a while. They played with her, and then took her to get ice cream. She had a wonderful time!

Finally, things are going much better with our friend Janice who is in the hospital. If anyone would like to read Bobby’s blog, it details their struggles. Click HERE.

To anyone who is reading this, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan

The lyrics to that song are absolutely wonderful!!! Seems like we could all try to polish our life after that song. Thanks for posting the lyrics, I don't think I had hear it before.

Anonymous said...

Well, you are very welcome, and thanks for posting a comment. :)