Sunday, August 14, 2005

Watched Joel Osteen



Well, today we did not attend church. We certainly don’t want to get into the habit of doing this, but I (Ryan) had to work up at the high school in preparation for the upcoming school year—school starts on Tuesday. Actually, I finished up painting my classroom. I figured that most teachers don’t do that, but when I got home tonight I stopped by McClellan School to deal with an issue (for those of you who don’t know I serve as school board president there), and there was a teacher in her room painting. Wow, what dedication I thought!

Anyway, Joel Osteen is the pastor of the largest and fastest growing congregation in America. I have been following his ministry for quite a while now, and I truly believe they have it figured out down there. Click HERE To see the website.

If you have a fast connection (which we do at the school), you can watch the service live over the net. It was really cool, not to mention very inspiring.

We do not plan to do this every Sunday, but perhaps it will help to fill the gap when we need a break from our search. Next Sunday it is off to Church of the Harvest!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to post until I seen you were a scrapbooker! Orchardville church has a scrapbook night once a month!
We went through trying to find a church it was no fun but we tried OCC and never went anywhere else!

Anonymous said...

Really? I will have to tell Amy this. I know she will be very excited! She has become quite the scrapbooker! I never knew she had such talent in that area. Thanks so much for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I am excited about visiting Ochardville Church. I would also like to find out more about the scrapbook night. I have really enjoyed scrapbooking. I started a little less than a year ago when I make a small scrapbook of Cassidy for her grandparents for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

We are having one this Friday at 7:oo in the coffee shop at OCC. We just bring our own stuff and share. Everyone has there own style so it is a lot of fun to see what everyone else is doing!
Come Friday and hang out with us it is a lot of fun!