Sunday, October 12, 2008

Carving the Pumpkin

We have not always carved pumpkins as a part of our Fall and/or Halloween traditions. I was just remembering today that the first time we carved a pumpkin with our girls, Callie was Chloe's age (about 7 months). This is our third year carving a pumpkin. The girls really enjoyed it.

Here is Ryan showing Chloe inside the pumpkin. (I don't think she was that impressed.)

Here is Ryan helping Callie get some of the "yucky stuff" out of the pumpkin. She did not last long. I think she got just a little bit and then she was done.

Here is Cassidy cleaning out the inside of the pumpkin. She did most of the digging. She seemed to enjoy it. Ryan had to finish cleaning it up and carving out the face.

Here are the girls with the finished product. I think they did a pretty good job, it looks great! I think it was more difficult to get all three girls looking and smiling at the camera at the same time. This is the best picture I could get and part of Callie's face is covered by the pumpkin stem.

1 comments:

Amanda + Michael said...

Chloe's hand covering the pumpkin is priceless. So cute...It looks great!