Thursday, June 08, 2006

Why is Everything Breaking?

This is for those of you who wonder what I do with myself all Summer. Yesterday, about 5:30am, I heard a pop from underneath the house. I've done enough plumbing to know that it did not sound good, and sure enough the pop was followed by the sound of rushing water. I quickly threw my coveralls on, and crawled underneath the house (and through the spider webbs) to shut the water off. That was trip number 1. I then crawled through the water, which was now several inches deep even though I shut the water off within 5 minutes of the initial pop sound, to assess the damage. Luckily, it was just a fitting that had come off. I then crawled out, and went to Lowes. Once back home, I crawled under the house (trip number 2) to fix the problem. Of course, I didn't have the tools I needed, and had to crawl back out. I went back to fix the problem (trip number 3), and then came back out. After lunch, I went back under the house (trip number 4) to turn the water back on. Knock on wood, but so far so good. Problem seems to be fixed.

This morning I woke up rather sore from the four trips I made under the house (and through the spider webbs). Then, Amy informed me that the washing machine had stopped working. So, I had to go down to my dad's to borrow a trailer, load up the washing machine, and take it to town. I dropped it off, and later the guy called and said it could not be fixed. Thankfully, he had a used one that we could buy. I then drove to get it, loaded it, came home, unloaded it and brought it into the house and hooked it up, and took the trailer back to dad's.

This is what I do during the Summer. What fun! (hear the sarcasm?)

0 comments: