Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Today is Father’s Day. At church all the fathers went and stood in front, and a prayer was said. It still seems a little strange to be recognized at church as a “Father.” Time goes by so quickly, one might think I would be getting used to that by now.

Since it is Father’s Day, I thought I would post a few pictures on here of some fun times growing up with my dad. I wish we would have taken more pictures. There were so many good times.

The first picture is one of me standing in a play house Dad had built for me. The most valuable resource we have is our time. Dad sure spent a lot of time on my sister and me. Some of the other pictures are just random ones I found. There is a picture of me and my grandpa Ted. I really wish I would have gotten the chance to know him better. He was a neat guy. I remember he seemed pretty quiet, and he smoked a really good smelling pipe.

The pictures of the snow and the three-wheeler was a day when Dad pulled me and the neighbor kids around in the snow. If you will look carefully, we weren't the only ones getting pulled around. I'm not sure who had more fun that day, us, or Dad! Looking back, there are so many memories. Memories of fishing, playing hours and hours of baseball, raising chickens and rabbits, swimming, vacations, and many more. I hope to instill good memories with my children as well. I also hope to pass on the values of hard work, honesty, and determination that my Dad has given to me. I will never forget the phrases like, "A job worth doing is worth doing right," and "Can't never did anything."

Well, if you are reading this Dad, I love you, and, "Happy Father's Day!"












0 comments: