Monday, February 20, 2012

My Birthday, and 50 Years Ago Today

I'm proud to celebrate my birthday on the 50th Anniversary of John Glenn's historic flight into space. Few people today can be called real American heroes, but John Glenn certainly fits that title. WWII and Korean Veteran, first American to orbit the Earth, U.S. Senator, married for 69 years, and oldest person ever to go to space (he was 77 when he visited the space station in 1998).



Today has been a really good day. Because it was President's Day, I had the day off and was able to spend some time outside and some time with my family. Those are two of my favorite things in life to to do.

I plan to teach my girls about people like John Glen, and other American Heroes. We still need people to look up to today. Of all his accomplishments, his lasting marriage is to me one of his greatest. I wasn't there 50 years ago, so I'll say it now, "God Speed John Glenn!"

0 comments: