Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Sad Gingerbread House

Last year we bought a gingerbread house kit and made a house. I don't think we took pictures. It turned out pretty good. It didn't look as good as the picture on the box, but it never does. Well this year I (Amy) decided to make a gingerbread house with the girls (from a kit). Ryan made it look so easy last year. I glued the pieces together and we waited. It came apart. I glued it again and again, it kept coming apart. I decided to go ahead and let the girls decorate it. I thought it might stay together for a while.

As you can see, we took the picture and the house was starting to fall apart. You can see the icing dripping and the candies falling off. In the first picture, it doesn't look that bad, but in the second picture, you can see the other side of the roof has broken and is falling off. A few minutes after we took these pictures, it fell completely apart. It was fun and we laughed a lot. Maybe we will take a new approach next time.

1 comments:

Becky said...

That is so funny! That's exactly the kind of thing that happens to me when I attempt any sort of crafts! I'm glad y'all could laugh about it in the end!